Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Mammo's are fun!

If your into S & M ! But also highly necessary... So today immediately after work, I bolted to the nearest purveyor of Mammography and had my boobies smashed! One more step to my complete physical! I actually remembered the name of one of the surgeons in the transplant team, so they can then forward my results!

Saw V right before I left for the Mammo, and was able to report my happy colonoscopy results!! Which seemed to make her day. It was nice to be able to thank her, because I'd been putting it off for quite some time...like three years! Such an easy exam (your asleep for Gods sake!) and now I have the comfort of knowing that I don't have to do it again until I'm 60!! 7 years from now.

Same thing with the Mammo's...I've been known to skip years! With my family history, I ought not to do that! So now this year I'm smack on time! So there is a real upside to all of this running around and testing! Tomorrow...gotta think about doing my 24 hour urine specimen..Since the previous results were protein contaminated.

Funny thing today, when the nurse/technician asked why I was getting the Mammo..Duh, cause my mother died from breast cancer...I also told her why I needed the results sent elsewhere...and she looked surprised....I'm surprised that more medical people aren't aware of live donor transplants...I'd be really curious to see some stats on medical professional awareness! I'm beginning to suspect that a lot of them really don't know much about it. And that's a lotta lives that could be saved! For want of a little open mindedness and sharing. Not that I want any. ohhh your so brave crap, but step up to the plate people! These are actual LIVES we're talking about. People we know and care about...living and breathing and continuing on because we're willing to push our own "braveness" envelope a little bit. I don't think I'm any braver, tougher or courageous than the next person. It's just that when I ask the question about why would you do this I can only answer, Why Not? For me there is no reason not to...so I do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment