Monday, April 12, 2010

Clean Colon = Clean Bill of Health

Ahh finally finished all the prep work...all the drinking of vile fluids and becoming one with the porcelain throne! Drove my self to the Colonoscopy & Endoscopy Unit. A tad week but clear headed. Found rinsing the mouth with water and the spitting it out kept me from feeling totally dehydrated.

I have to say the people who work there really do go out of their way to make you feel comfortable with what is unquestionably an uncomfortable situation. They really could not have been any sweeter or more efficient. I was only in the waiting room for maybe 5 minutes.

Once in the back I was told to strip and put on one of those fabulous backless gowns. Although, I must say this did have a side tie for some degree of coverage. Grace got me a pair of socks, as I'd wandered in wearing only a t-shirt, jeans and sandals.

A female Dr. with a very heavy Indian accent came and took more vital information...and was very charming a sweet, making sure I was comfy etc etc. They then proceeded to put in an IV site on my hand. I got a bit nervous, after my exciting episode with a CT scan in Philly a week and a half earlier. Nothing untoward happened. In fact they were very good at it!

From here they rolled me into the actual 'scope room and I met my nurse anesthetist aka the woman of my dreams. Basically ... knock me out and you can do any test to me...damn near anything! One white syringe full of Milk of Anesthesia and I was out for at least a half an hour. Best sleep I had all weekend!

Twenty minutes, a glass of grape juice and I'm dressed, walking out the door for Peter to ferry home again!

Sweetest part of the whole deal...having Dr. Taub tell me he won't be seeing me for about 7 years!! :-) Nice guy but nicer interval!

No comments:

Post a Comment