Saturday, May 15, 2010

Final "Pre" Dr. appt.

Tomorrow at 9:45 I meet the surgeon for the first time.  Apparently the head of the transplant dept. is doing my surgery.  Guess that's cause they have to do open on me.  Kinda nice to know I'm getting one of the most experienced people working on me. Now I may have to discuss stitching techniques. I like feather or blanket stitch embroidery personally...have to see what he favors.  And what  his thoughts are for my tattoo afterwards.  Still toying with the idea of "I gave at the office"  or "US Grade A prime".  Wonder if he'll have the same lack of humor the other nephrologist!

Did a beautiful Century Ride yesterday with a bunch of folks and friends from Doan Academy. Figure this may be the last one for this year.  It was amazing to ride along side a bunch of adorable 8th graders doing something that many experienced riders have never done.  Rode along side the Head Master for many a mile too.  He asked if I would come in and talk to the Upper School (aka High School) about what I'm doing.  I responded, before or after, and he said before.  Not sure when they get done with their school year, but it may be that it's too early for my after.   He thinks it's a cool thing and that the idea that someone would do it for a non family member is "inspiring"... I just think it's what I need to do.

Told my dearest old friend Rose about it last week, she's all behind it!  Turns out her daughter actually works in "HUP" aka Hospital of University of Pennsylvania.  So having company while I'm there should be easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment