Saturday, May 1, 2010

Closer

Yesterday was April 30th...aka Dr.s Day for me. Started with a quick eyeball check by my surgeon. He's happy, I'm happy, my vision is perfect!

On to bigger things...Next stop, the nephrologist office at U of P. This one's been a while in the making. Got to meet and talk with one of the Dr's who will be responsible for my care as well as the care of my recipient. He spent the better part of an hour with me..checking..listening..tapping..feeling and basically giving the ole tires a good kicking.

End result is, he wants to check a few more things. My heart murmer aka mitral valve issue, while it gives me no issues, he wants another echo cardiogram. Haven't had one in a few years..so ok. There is some kind of mass next to my polp and fibroid (both of which I knew I had) and he just want's my gynecologist to check it again.

If these two things get squared away in the next week or so....we may begin discussing surgery as early as a week from today. Now that isn't say that it will happen in a week, just preliminary when and all that good stuff. Exciting, scary and part of me just want's it over with. I want to train for stuff for this summer. I want to be able to plan things. I want to be done, so I can just tell people. I'm still telling folks one at a time. Once we are absolutely certain...I won't care who knows. Or what they think.

And then reflecting on my impatience...what must it be like knowing your kidneys are dying. Literally dying. And hoping and praying that you don't have to go on dialysis.

I had to deliver my 48 hours worth of samples yesterday, and have blood drawn to match up with them. Since we are still concerned with getting good viable samples, I got to take home my fourth sample bottle! I'm becoming a professional pee-er!! Literally.

But on the bright side of everything, I also finally found out which method will be used on me, and fortunately and unfortunately, it is the old fashioned slice and dice. Which will mean less difuse pain from the gas they use to allow for moving around room. But a bigger incision. You give some you get some.

Went cycling today, only got in 28 miles with friends and my hubby. Absolutely beautiful day to ride and get in shape. And as I tell my recipients hubby, gotta keep the parts in shape and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment