Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Fin - well almost!

Well, almost!  My next check up isn't for months.  In fact, not till Dec. 6th.  That's six months almost to the day from my surgery.  Today's check up went very well, just too long as always.

 I've been given clearance to leg up on the bike!! Hooooray! and allowed back into the gym (although I didn't tell them I went to a Zumba class yesterday afternoon)  Real weights are out of the question till probably the Dec. appointment.  They want to be sure that I don't herniate anything.  So I'll be sticking with the lighter weights..which is good, I need to start rebuilding my base here.

If I had any doubts that about being in good shape helping with recovery, they were answered today.  One of my fellow donors, eight years younger than I, is having a really difficult recovery.  I'm sure she's somewhat fit, let's face it, or she'd never have been approved for donation.  Still, she's not even back at work at all yet and I'm actually going full time this week. How I feel about being back at my job is another story entirely.

No comments:

Post a Comment