Saturday, June 5, 2010

Three Days and a wake up!

It's a glorious Saturday morning...the hubby is mowing the lawn, the sun is shining and it's a tad warm, but then, this is summer time in New Jersey!

Went to the hospital yesterday morning for one last blood letting.  Only around 5 or 6 vials this time.  This is for the final cross match with my recipient.  Kind of nerve racking.   If for some reason there is reactivity ... then everything gets stopped.  I know for a fact Vicky is nervous too.  So incredibly close and yet, until we are in the hospital and in the operating rooms.. it could still come to a halt.

One more person at work now knows.  Our financial wizard, aka head of finance.  He needed to know what was going on with Pete being out on family leave, so Pete felt the need to tell him why I was out at exactly the same.  To my surprise he is totally honoring our wishes for "silence" and came over to wish me luck.  All this with a look of total surprise.

So Tuesday June 8th at around 5 in the morning...we will be leaving the house to drive over, get parked and get this party started.

I've had another reminder of what is possible with one kidney.  My beautiful sister-in-law, Laura, is in Macon Georgia, doing another 1/2 Ironman.  14 years after the removal of her kidney (along with the tumor that weighed more than 7.5 lbs.)  So...who knows, maybe I'll get faster AND stronger afterwards.

It's taken me till now to really wrap my head around the fact that other people find this such a strange thing to do.  To me this really does just seem natural.  Or maybe it's just that this is the exact place and space I'm supposed to be in.  The exact road I'm meant to travel and that's why it feels so perfectly right and comfortable.

My dad calls from Olympia WA, nearly every day.  Just checking up on his daughter....making sure I feel ok.  And I do.  Andy calls too, sort of surprised that I was still at work, but honestly...why not??? I have things to do lists to leave people to "train".  I plan on being in work on Monday too!  What else am I going to do....clean house...I don't thinks so.  I have a lovely plaque in the family room given by a co worker years ago.  "Housework causes warts" !  I believe! I believe!

Ah well off to do some....work, just work, cause after all it's only, oh hell, 2 days and a wake up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment